Here is a short process that you can do to remind yourself of all your positive attributes. It is amazing how much better you feel once you have completed the activity. You will need a pen, some paper and a pretty box.
- Step 1: Remember a time when you were a child that you felt really good about yourself. What three qualities did you most admire about yourself back then? Write them down and put them into your box
- Step 2: What three qualities do you most admire about yourself now?
- Step 3: Imagine a time in the future when you have achieved everything that you ever wanted to achieve. What three things do you most admire about yourself at that point in time?
- Step 4: Think about a person who loves you. What three qualities do they admire most about you?
- Step 5: Think about a colleague at work who respects you. What three qualities do you think they admire most about you?
- Step 6: You now have x 15 words in your pretty box.
- As you look at each of the 15 words, notice how differently you are feeling. Notice where you are feeling each feeling. Spread the feeling throughout the rest of your body so it flows outwards and upwards. Do this each time you look at your list of 15 words. Notice how good it feels
Every time you need a boost of self-esteem empty out your box and look at the words inside. It works wonders!